When you think Diesel, you think... Wrong, we are not talking about the fuel for your car 😉
Yes, I am talking about the denim brand with an edge!
Maybe the most famous TV commercial for a jeans is the 1986 Levi's 501 commercial where a guy takes a bath with his red tab jean on.
But, who can forget the "For Successful Living" campaigns in the 1990s by Diesel!?
It seems that Diesel might have lost it's touch in the 2000s, but they are back with a vengeance in the 2010s! Diesel is totally cutting edge! Why?
Because they introduced "The Diesel Jogg Jeans" and launched like it the 'right' way:
1. They are (again) innovating - The Jogg Jeans is a cross-over between a denim jeans pants and a sweat pants. Fusing two trends into one.
2. They are creating synergy - Diesel teamed up with i-D Magazine and photographer Jacob Sutton and made the movie: A-Z of Dance.
3. They went social & viral - They hash-tagged the launch out of it. As they should 😉 Just check: #joggjeans 🙂
4. They are interactive - Just land on Diesel.com and you can find your own tweet on their homepage.
5. It's not an one time shot - They will be a follow-up movie with User Generated Content.
6. Last but not least - They speak the 'language' of their (new) target group.
Conclusion: Two thumbs up for Diesel. I really got excited about the product, launch, video, execution and follow-up.
Diesel is back with a vengeance! Got your pair of Jogg Jeans via: diesel.com/joggjeans and upload your movie!